ReflectRemembering A Life Grief Journal
– Keeping a journal can help you reflect on the life of your loved one, the relationship you shared and the impact he or she had on you. Journaling also gives you the opportunity to write about your grief, express what you miss most and reflect on special memories in a private, cathartic manner. In this journal, you might choose at times to write directly to your loved one and share your feelings about grief, your fondest memories, or simply some of the things you did during the day. You can use the featured writing prompts as your guide, write about what you're feeling at any given moment, or a combination of both. Plus, the illustrations in this journal will enable you to discover the therapeutic benefits of coloring and creating something beautiful. Whether you write daily or just whenever you feel inspired to do so, the words you put down will help you on your journey. Your writing doesn't have to be perfect; as long as the words come from your heart, you'll find the journaling experience helpful. RememberMemory Jar
– Life is full of many special times and experiences. As you reflect on your many, varied memories of your loved one, jot some of them down on pieces of paper and place them in this memory jar. Open the jar any time you feel like it – perhaps on the person's birthday, a holiday or other meaningful day, or merely because you want to – and rediscover a few of the wonderful moments that will keep your loved one's memory alive.IlluminateCandle
– Let the light of your loved one shine while you enjoy the aroma of this pear-and-redwood-scented candle. Light it when you miss your loved one most, or to mark a special day, such as a birthday, holiday or other significant moment. We've partnered with Soja Bougie (sojabougie.com
), a small-batch producer of handmade candles, to illuminate the memory of your loved one. Soja Bougie candles are handcrafted using only natural soy wax, premium-grade scents and essential oils to create an environment of peace and calm.RelaxEssential Oil Roller
– Aromatherapy can heighten feelings of healing, relaxation and mindfulness. Use this essential oil roller – a calming blend of sweet marjoram, orange and lavender – as needed, whether first thing in the morning, throughout the day or before bed. Our partners at The Healing Place Farm (thehealingplacefarm.com
) handcraft essential-oil-scented products that soothe, rejuvenate and promote wellness. Their mission-focused approach also supports local organizations that improve the lives of families, individuals and animals in need.
Learn more about The Healing Place Farm on the Remembering A life blog - Aromatherapy Takes You to a Healing Place
.ComfortDragonfly Keychain and Story
– The story of the dragonfly and its rebirth is one of hope and comfort. Use this keychain as a reminder that your loved one is still with you. The Dragonfly Project was founded in 2002 by an 11-year-old girl who wanted to reach out to others who were grieving the loss of a family member or friend. The Dragonfly Project since then has been bringing comfort to more than 100,000 grieving individuals in the United States and around the world. For more information, visit dragonflyproject.org
. MeditateRose Quartz Stone
– Called the "Crystal of Unconditional Love," rose quartz carries a soft feminine energy of compassion and peace; tenderness and healing; nourishment and comfort. Hold the stone between your index finger and thumb and gently rub your thumb across the stone to help ease feelings of anxiety and to promote relaxation. Keep this beautiful stone in your pocket or purse as a reminder of your unconditional love for your loved one.HydrateWater Bottle
– Staying hydrated is always important, but particularly while grieving when you might not give yourself the self-care you need. Use the Remembering A Life water bottle at home or on the go to make sure you're drinking enough water throughout the day.PreserveRemembering A Life Box
– The box itself makes a perfect container to hold cherished items and other mementos that offer special meaning and remind you of your loved one. You might also consider personalizing this box to reflect your loved one's personality and passions.